Monday, November 2, 2009

Tales From The Florida Trail

I hit the Florida Trail over the weekend. I went to a remote part near the Withlacoochee River south of the Ocala National Forest. It was very quit and I saw lots of wildlife. I did pick up something that may have been a black bear or a tree stump. It seemed to be sitting on a creek bank. I found a primitive camp site and lit a camp fire! I have not seen a camp fire in years, and that made the trip worth it. I got some great images and lots of video that I am still looking at.

The Florida trail is 1,100 miles long and stretches from south of Miami all the way up to the Panhandle of Florida near the Alabama border. It cuts thru the rich Eco-system that is unique to Florida and into the most remote parts of the North American Continent. That is where a Large mammal could hide and live without ever being spotted. That is why I went to this location. I had a great time.

When I went to sign in at the trail head, this green tree frog was sitting on the clip board. I did not want to bother him, so I went ahead anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...