Monday, November 16, 2009

Ocala National Forest

The Ocala National Forest is a 430,000 acre preserve. It was the first National forest east of the Mississippi River and is the furthest most southern National Forest. It is also one of the best areas in the country for Bigfoot sightings. That is why this area has been on my radar for months. I have just been waiting for the weather to cool down.
I recently spent a weekend in the area and got a lot of footage to put on my YouTube account. I am in the process of editing the videos. I got some great nature photos, that made it worth the trip. Unfortunately, I did not have a Bigfoot sighting. That would not have been strange for the first time coming up here.

I have scouted out many primitive camping areas and will be taking some overnights deep into the forest in the coming months. Some exciting things are planed. I hope to have some positive evidence by March. But you never know.

The Ocala Forest is a beautiful, and adventurous place. I can't believe that it has taken me this long to get up here.

1 comment:

  1. This is where I conduct all of my research, I live about 30-45 minutes from the heart of the Forest so it is convenient. There is a lot of activity there, getting in is a little difficult it is thick.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...